The New Year incites each of us to think about and plan new travel experiences or even relive, past, joyful ones. With diversity in landscapes, experiences, alternative activities, gastronomy & wine and a culture starting from ancient times, to name a few, Greece offers a plethora of reasons for which one should visit. We have tried to limit ourselves to the top 10 reasons, in no particular order, for which a hopeful traveler should choose Greece as their next destination.
1. Because you’ve never been here before. Didn’t have the chance to visit Greece yet? Traveling to Greece for the first time is a life-altering experience. The unique culture and the beauty of the spectacular landscapes, alone, are enough to amaze you. Add on the rest Greece has to offer and prepare yourself for a long-lasting experience that you will remember forever.
2. Because you’ve been here before. Greece is the place where wonderful experiences never end. There is always more to explore, to discover, to see, to taste, to feel. Expand your senses in a place where the elements of nature offer countless possibilities. Can you recall the thrilling emotion of your first time here? Well, we can assure you that it never fades.
3. Because of its great climate. Perfect climate conditions allow every visitor to enjoy every season across the country. Not too hot but not too cold, Greece delivers the ideal climate that offers everyone the opportunity to enjoy memorable holidays with a wide range of activities.
4. Because it’s easy to get to (…and hard to forget). Whether by car, ship or airplane, Greece is easy to reach. So, what are you waiting for? Book your ticket now and live the Greek experience.
5. Because of its natural diversity. Greece has great diversity and a range of places and landscapes that cannot be found together anywhere else. Here, you will find something of everything. It’s like having a miniature world, where everything is included: from countless beautiful islands and awarded beaches, to huge snow-covered mountains, great forests and spectacular castle – cities.
6. Because of its monuments and UNESCO heritage sites. Get the chance to see, live, some of the most amazing monuments of the world, such as the Archaeological Site of Delphi or the breathtaking medieval town of Mystras, in the Peloponnese.
7. Because some things, you can only find in Greece. Tasting mastiha, made solely on the island of Chios, climbing the inimitable geological rocks of Meteora and diving in yet-to-be discovered coves, are just a few examples of what Greece has to offer. You do not want to miss the chance for such rare and special experiences.
8. Because Greece is the island empire. Greece is the land of the islands. Islands of different shapes and sizes; different personalities; different possibilities. Where some of the most beautiful beaches of the world are waiting for you. Here you will get the chance to relax body and soul, under the sun, enjoying crystal blue water and fun activities.
9. Because of the extraordinary taste of Greek cuisine. The world’s most exquisite Mediterranean flavors are before you. Food here is ten times better and healthier not only because recipes have been perfected over time, by generations of Greek families, but because Greek food is based on fresh products.
10. Because of the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. The meeting point of Greece’s past and future, holding the origins of Western civilization.