This challenge is a global call to reach the most disruptive startups, entrepreneurs and drive solutions to mitigate Covid-19 impacts on tourism through health, economic and destination management solutions. A step forward for Sustainable Development in a crisis situation.
Participants should meet the following criteria:
• Being innovative in nature and provide value-added solutions
• To have a tested pilot and business plan
• To have been accelerated before
• To have potential to be applied in many countries
There are three categories:
1. Healing for People: Solutions focused on safety measures, sanitizing methods, early detection, among others for tourism and travel-related stakeholders
2. Healing for Prosperity: Solutions focused on digital applications for tourism, sharing economy, circular economy, revenue management and more
3. Healing for Destinations: Solutions focused on recovery techniques for destinations: crisis communication, crisis management, mobility, tourism destinations re-branding, travel confidence recovery, among other related areas.
The most viable and ready-to-implement solutions will reach the world governments with the UNWTO Secretary-General and will be connected to the UNWTO Innovation Network.
The Deadline is on April 15, 2020. You can learn more and apply here.