ATHENS, Greece – Oct. 12, 2014 – Author of romantic comedy Chasing Athens, Marissa Tejada, will be signing special edition books and speaking at Art Links Athens. Tejada’s book launch will be part of week-long parallel events program also featuring international bestselling author of The Island, Victoria Hislop, acclaimed comedienne Katarina Vrana and renowned Greek saxophonist Dimitris Vassilakis.
Tejada’s debut novel was released as part of the Terpsichore imprint from the award-winning romance genre U.S. based publisher, Musa Publishing. It has been available as an eBook on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other eBook sites since April 2014. On Amazon, the number one book marketplace in the world, it has reached the top 10 best sellers rank in several categories. CHASING ATHENS will be available as a paperback worldwide from all online book vendors beginning on October 31, 2014.
At Art Links, Tejada will hold a reading and will share her experience about writing her first novel, inspired from expat life in Athens and the road to publishing a first book.
“Like so many writers before me, the road to publication was filled with challenges and rejection but the hard work was worth it. Since CHASING ATHENS was released I’ve received amazing response from all sorts of readers who were touched by the themes I aimed to present. That has been the best outcome so far,” said Tejada. “I want to encourage others who love to write to pursue their dreams of becoming a published author too. I think Art Links is the perfect venue to do that and I am proud to be a featured author at an event that celebrates all forms of creativity.”
Art Links is an international art collective taking place from October 17 – 22 at the Hub Events in the Gazi district of Athens. It will present all forms of art including photography, painting and sculpture. The Chasing Athens book launch will be part of a series of parallel events that focus on music, comedy and literature.
CHASING ATHENS Book Launch and Signing
Author Marissa Tejada to speak about “Greece as Inspiration and the Road to Publishing a First Book.”
Sunday – October 19, 2014
Address: Alkminis 12, Gazi 118 54
About MARISSA TEJADA:
Native New Yorker Marissa Tejada is an author, travel writer and journalist based in Athens, Greece. Living the expat life in Europe inspired her to write her first novel Chasing Athens which was published in 2014. When she’s not working on her next book she writes for Fodor’s Travel, Forbes Travel, Wine Enthusiast and IBM Midsize Insider, among other publications. She also blogs for her own travel photography blog my Greece, my travels. As an award-winning journalist, Marissa has worked across the United States as a television reporter/anchor in Florida, Washington State and Upstate New York. She has also worked in newsrooms in Los Angeles and London and managed high-tech PR in San Francisco. Visit her website at: http://www.chasingathens.com
About romantic comedy/women’s fiction novel CHASING ATHENS:
Chasing Athens is set in Greece where rich culture and a crippling crisis collide, an ancient yet modern city where a heartbroken American expat is inspired to stay after her new husband literally walks out on her. That abrupt decision leads her through a humorous, touching and cultural journey that forces her confront her disappointing past and redefine the true meaning of home.
About ART LINKS:
Art Links is an international art collective; a community united through creativity. Art Links features live concerts, talks and workshops from participating artists, invited musicians, professors and performance artists. For more information visit: http://www.exploringacreativelife.com.
International Acclaim for CHASING ATHENS:
- “The beauty of Greece comes alive in Tejada’s well-crafted debut novel, a heartwarming tale of a recently-divorced woman struggling to figure out where she belongs.” – International best-selling novelist and author of The Sweetness of Forgetting, Kristin Harmel
- “Chasing Athens is a fantastic story of heartbreak, self-discovery and finding love again. I really loved how Marissa depicted Athens so that it came alive for the reader.” – Award-winning women’s fiction novelist and author of Maybe Baby, Kim Golden
- “I had the privilege of an early peek and was captivated by the beautiful – yet not simplistic – descriptions of Greece. This book is set to be a big hit.” -Author of Saving Saffron Sweeting and quarter-finalist for Amazon’s Breakthrough Novel Award, Pauline Wiles
- “When was the last time you searched for a new book only to find yourself drawn into it so quickly that you could not put the book down?… Somehow I have a feeling this will become a classic traveler story.” – The Affordable Entrepreneur, Mark McGuire
- “Chasing Athens is a great story. While there are some truly fun comedic moments, there’s a realistic weight of subject.” – The Rabid Readers Reviews
- “I’d definitely recommend it to those who are feeling a little wanderlust.” -Annabel and Alice Chick-Lit Reviews, Annabel Krantz
- “The character, Ava, had me laughing in the opening chapter. To be hauled off to the police station in a foreign country only adds to Ava’s misery, but the way Miss Tejada describes the situation I could only laugh. A book that combines humor with the pain of self-growth.” -Award-winning romance novelist, Lizzie T. Leaf