Are you in a pickle as to what to do while you are in “Coronantine”? Are you melting into blobs in front of a glowing screen? Read more
The Visit Greece team gathered up some thoughts and came down with simple productive ways to deal with your time at HOME. In any case as the Greek Philosopher Epictitus once said Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle. Some things are within your control. And some things are not. Read more
4 wonderful winter destinations
It’s time to experience a different sort of Greece – one of rivers, mountains and glorious natural landscapes as yet undiscovered by mass tourism. Let’s explore some less talked about places in NW Greece this year. Read more
Greek multicultural and historic flea markets
Ever since the antiquity, the centre of Athens has hosted the city’s commercial life. The Monastiraki flea market starts from the vivid Monastiraki Square and snakes through the surrounding streets right in the heart of the buzzing capital. Avissynias Square is where you’ll find antiques loaded with the power of nostalgia. Read more
Greek traditional drinks to suit all tastes
An alcoholic beverage or a soft drink? Chilled or at room temperature? The choice is not an easy one when there are so many options! Read more
Discover the singular works of Mother Nature
Nature, this all-powerful sculptor and architect has -over the millennia- shaped astounding landscapes, and moulded intricate and peculiar creations across the country on solid ground and underwater. And what better way to discover them, than to go there on a springtime trip!? Read more
Open to cruise lines, travel agents, tourist boards, ports and anyone involved in the UK cruise industry, The Wave Awards celebrate the very best of the UK’s cruise industry by recognising and rewarding excellence and innovation in a business that is continuously evolving to deliver an exceptional experience, both on board and ashore. Read more
Greek Destinations captured on Blockbuster films
The Greek Islands have many a time been chosen as filming locations. Their blue and turquoise-hued waters and bright sunlight have starred in various blockbuster movies. Read more
Greek gastronomy offers you a world of flavourful foods to choose from and relish. Among the famous ones are feta cheese and creamy thick yoghurt, produced everywhere in Greece. Read more
The Greek National Tourism Organization and the visitgreece.gr blog give professionals and amateurs from the tourism field the opportunity to write their own posts, which are based upon their own personal experiences.
Meanwhile, it also gives experienced editors, who love travelling in our country, the opportunity to exhibit primary, original content, such as articles, photographs and videos. Each post will be signed by the writer and will include the individual’s personal webpage/blog, as well as his/her social media profiles.
- Every article (blog post) must be unique, original and have been written by you. If it has been previously published in a different website/blog or a print edition, permission must be granted to the GNTO in order for it to be posted on the Visit Greece Blog.
- Since the blog does not only address a Greek audience, blogs written in both Greek and English will be hosted.
- Each post is limited to 500 words.
- The writing style should be special and experiential, emphasizing the usability of the information and the fast – pleasant informing of the reader. Articles such as “Top 10 List” – “Must See Destinations” – “To Dos in Greece” are indicative formats and styles. (word documents)
- Posts may include photographs and videos. Nevertheless, prior to posting, please be certain that you own the intellectual property rights of the material.
- If you have audiovisual material from your travels in Greece, you may include it, along with original text, in order to create a new post. (pictures in jpeg format, videos uploaded in YouTube or Vimeo)
- You may also include photographs and/or video that have already been uploaded to a personal social network, such as Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo and more.
- Please send all related attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org